You are using an outdated browser. To have the best experience use one of the following browsers:
10 ideas for more joy, peace and serenity before Christmas
Actually, this year should have been different. Calmer. More contemplative. More relaxed. But resolutions are a bit tricky, as we all know. We asked a few smart people what they do to bring some peace into everyday life in the days before Christmas. Maybe there is something suitable for you?
- Breathe! Sometimes it just feels good to leave everything behind. Sit down on the floor, close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Give presents to the birds. It's not just humans who enjoy gifts. Grab some corn dumplings, march into the woods or park and put up some food for the birdies.
- Just like the old days. There used to be more tinsel. Pull out old photo albums and reminisce about childhood. Always amusing: the fashion trends of yesteryear.
- Get off the net. Digital can be stressful. Put all your devices aside for a few hours. The digital detox decelerates immensely.
- Shoes off! You don't need much for a different kind of energy kick. Just take off your shoes and socks and walk a few steps in the snow. So refreshing!
- So much anticipation! What are you looking forward to most in the coming year? Maybe a holiday in South Tyrol? Or a long-planned family celebration? Whatever it is, write down your thoughts and bring them out again as an encouragement in stressful moments!
- Simply say no. It's not always easy, but just saying "no" can be so liberating! Putting your own needs first is not selfish, but very healing.
- Citrus power! Orange, tangerine and lemon are not only super healthy, but also spread a good mood. Simply slice citrus fruits, place them on the radiator and let the scent enchant you!
- Bathe in happiness. Alpine herbs such as mountain lavender or alpine meadow hay transform your bathtub into a real wellness oasis in no time at all.
- Smile! Even if you don't feel like it: consciously pull up the corners of your mouth for 30 seconds. It's been proven that this tricks our brain and puts us back in a good mood.